How to choose what book to read next

by - oktober 17, 2018



The real struggle of a bookworm is what to read next. We all have experience this; standing in front of your bookshelf and you are screaming.. you don’t know what to read next! The horror!! But do not worry I’m here to help you and limit the screaming in front of your bookshelf.


So today I’m just going to hit you with a list to help you get rid of the horrors.

1.     MAKE A TBR JAR WHICH IS SO FAIR AND EQUAL TO ALL BOOKS AND LET’S FACE IT, THE JAR IS CUTE.

I love my TBR jar, but do I use it a lot… uhh let’s not talk about that. the downside of a TBR jar is that most of the time you know exactly which book you don’t want to read and of course you always get that one.

2.      ASK YOUR BOOKISH FRIENDS, I MEAN WERE ELSE ARE YOUR FRIENDS FOR, RIGHT?

Go on instagram and make a poll! choose 2 books and let the best one win. The best part about this is that you get personalized recommendations, at least most of the time. The downside with this is that you most of the time have a favorite and then the other one wins.

3.     PICK THE FIRST BOOK THAT CATCHES YOU ATTENTION. YOU ARE DRAWN TO IT SO WHY NOT READ IT?

When I stand in front of my bookshelf to pick my next read, I often have a book that lightly catches my attention but then I think about and I’m like, mehh. And then I keep looking further and forget about that book. But why? I mean it got my attention so why not read it.

4.     JUST GO WITH THE MOOD AND LET GO OF THAT MONTHLY TBR!

Every month you make a TBR, and then halfway through the month you don’t feel like it anymore. So you just keep staring at it, and hope that it magically changes. STOP DOING IT! Just go for what you feel like nobody will blame you!

5.     READ THE OLDEST BOOK ON YOUR TBR PILE, AND YOU CAN ALSO SAY THAT YOU FINALLY READ IT!

I think that every bookworm out there can relate to this. You have a huge TBR pile and some books have been sitting there for ages. So why not read it? Beside that you can also be proud of yourself because you finally read it!


Do you have a method for choosing your next read?
Let me know!






You May Also Like

0 reacties