TBR jar and how to make one

by - oktober 19, 2018


If you have a lot books like me then sometimes you just don’t know what to read next. There for I use a TBR jar. A TBR jar what is that? well to say it very simple it’s just a jar filled with all of your unread books.  And when you don’t know what to read you take a piece of paper out of the jar and the book that comes out is your next read! 



You can also choose to put challenges in the jar. For example: read a graphic novel or reread a favorite book.

Do you want make a TBR jar yourself? Then keep on reading!

Step 1: go on a treasure hunt!

Find a jar or a bowl or a bag, just something to put the pieces of paper in.

Step 2: time to be crafty!

this step is optional but if you want, you can decorate it with washi tape, ribbons or put a photo of your cat on it. Just be creative!

For my TBR jar I decided to not decorate it because now I can see how many pieces of paper are in the jar and stress about it… yeah I might need to decorate it.

Step 3: write, write, write and write…

It’s time for the worst thing about making a TBR jar… and that is writing all of your books down on a piece of paper. You heard me right ALL of them. I used scrapbook paper so that there is some color in the jar.

Step 4: time to be dangerous.

After you wrote them down it’s time to cut them out. Watch out for your fingers! You can cut them any way you want. I cut them in strips that are about 1 cm high and 15 cm long.

Step 5: fold, fold, fold and fold..

When you cut them all out, it’s time to fold them ALL. I folded them in half and then again in half. In the beginning of my TBR jar I folded them in little stars but it took a lot of time and to unfold them was hell. But do whatever you want just be creative with it!

Step 6: DONE! Be proud of yourself!

Now put all your pieces of paper in the jar and you are DONE! And when you buy a new book just at it to the TBR jar.

You May Also Like

0 reacties