Maps in books

by - november 08, 2018



I have a THING about maps in books. Basically, I love and absolutely adore maps. I could spent hours looking at those beautiful maps. BECAUSE I LOVE MAPS, OKAY?!

My opinion is that ever book should have a map. Why? Well because I don’t know how every country planet galaxy or whatever looks like! When I can see the journey that a character has to make I can visualize it way better then when they just told me.

I mostly think it is important to have a map in fantasy books. This way you can get a idea of how big the world is and what is surrounding that place. I mean if  you don’t tell me the place is surrounded by trees and you also don’t show it on the map then HOW SHOULD I KNOW?!?!?

But I have a conversion to make…  when I start  a book I look at the map but when I’m reading I never look back at it… I KNOW IT’S BAD. The reason that this happens is, that I totally get lost in the story and forget to look at the map.

Now I are probably asking yourself but what are her favorites then?!?! I won’t keep you waiting any longer!


1. The grisha trilogy

I MEAN LOOK AT THEM!!!  Also the font is just amazing.


2. A court of thorns and roses

Beside that this is my favorite series. The maps are BEAUTIFUL!


3. Children of blood and bone

I have to say that this map  reminds me of the Grisha trilogy. But still it is very pleasing to look at it.


4. Nevernight

Loved the book and the map, win win situation right?


5. The demon king

I’m a little bit cheating here because I haven’t read the book yet. But the map looks amazing! It has some kind of minimal feel to it what I totally LOVE!




You May Also Like

0 reacties